Saturday, October 5, 2013
Blog Post #5 - Speech Reflection
Reflecting on my proposal speech after watching it on the class website, I feel like it went pretty well. Based off of the content section on the rubric, my speech seemed to fall under the proper time restraint using a correct format through my purpose to persuade with supporting details. In the macrostructure, I hit most of the main parts including the introduction, body and conclusion, but probably needed to speak with more transitions to create a better flow. In the delivery, my conversational tone added more emotion that the audience could relate to while imagining a visit to the Johnson Center Gym. However, there were times when I had several pauses using filler words such as "uh", adding unnecessary space that slightly disrupted the flow of the speech. I appeared to use some facial expressions and gestured at my presentation on the board at appropriate times. Eye contact appeared to be good with the audience, but could be improved from the occasional glances at my notecards. If I could work on my speech anxiety, I could improve my delivery with fewer pauses and filler words and make use of the space around me by moving around more. Less movement did identify some anxiety since it showed I was not comfortable walking around. Overall, I am satisfied with the outcome of my speech.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment