Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blog Post #4

I have planned to persuade my audience that my space/cultural group is worthy of study through my speech's content and delivery by using ethos, pathos and logos. Through the appeal of ethos, I will present an informative and uplifting tone/voice through my words such as, “Fear not!” I believe that this will be effective to the audience because it gives variation and breaks up the monotony of a typical speech. It should make it more interesting and easier to be persuaded as to why the Johnson Center should be studied through its social themes. Through pathos, I plan to communicate emotion by explaining some of my first impressions while walking into the gym. I was amazed at how much activity goes on all at once. This will be persuasive because it shows that there are multiple areas to study for the project. Finally using logos, my speech contains several statistics and expert opinions about the relationship between social aspects and physical exercise. For example, according to Paul Steinbach, “Findings suggest that friendships involving exercising together and the social contacts that result from exercising in public places such as health clubs may motivate exercise behavior.” This method should be persuasive because it shows how prevalent social relationships are in a gym to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment